If you’ve been hurt in a
car accident, it is a good idea to speak with a personal injury lawyer about your legal
options and whether the circumstances of your accident entitle you to
pursue compensation. At Goodman Acker P.C., our personal injury consultations
are always free. During this initial review, a Detroit car accident lawyer
at our firm can review the facts of your case, look over any evidence,
and determine how much your case may be worth. In order to give your attorney
the best picture of your accident, there is a list of things you should
bring with you to your first meeting.
What Should I Bring When I Meet With My Lawyer?
Before attending your first consultation, it is important to prepare by
gathering all documentation you have relating to your accident or injury.
Some examples of helpful documentation include:
- A copy of the police accident report
- Copies of any written statements
- All correspondence you have received from an insurance company about your
accident and injuries
- Receipts for things you have had to fix because of the accident, or for
things you had to buy because of the accident
- All medical bills
- A copy of your automobile insurance policy
- Any pictures or videos of the accident scene, your injuries, and the other
Other important pieces of information you should bring with you include:
- The name and telephone number of each insurance adjuster you have spoken to
- The names and contact information of any witnesses of your accident
- Dates you missed work because of your injuries
- Names and contact information of any doctors or chiropractors you have
consulted with or received treatment from
- Name and address of the ambulance service and/or emergency room you first
received treatment from
- Date you were admitted to the hospital and date of discharge
Using this information, our attorneys can determine who can be held liable
for your accident, what types of damages you may be able to pursue compensation
for, and how best to proceed with your case.
Ready to speak with an attorney about your case? At Goodman Acker P.C.,
there are absolutely no fees until you win your case, which means there
is no risk when you choose to work with our firm.
Get started by calling us today at (248) 793-2010, or
click here to get in touch with a lawyer online.