A car accident is something that we all hope we never have to experience,
but unfortunately, they happen all the time. If you or a loved one have
been injured in a collision, you may not know what to do next. You may
have questions including:
- Who will pay for my medical bills?
- Who will pay for damage to my vehicle?
- How am I going to make ends meet while I am out of work recovering?
- Who can I turn to for answers and help?
Times like these can certainly be hectic and overwhelming, but you don’t
have to go through them alone. Take comfort in the fact that the Detroit
car accident lawyers at Goodman Acker P.C. are here to protect and fight
for you. While you focus on your recovery, we can handle the legal aspect
of your case so that you can get your life back faster.
What Do I Do After a Car Accident?
Even if you have not been in an accident, it is very important to be prepared
just in case.
Remember these tips:
- Make sure everyone is okay and move to safety as soon as possible.
- Call for medical attention as soon as possible. Even if you or any passengers
don’t immediately feel hurt, it is important to be evaluated sooner
rather than later.
- Contact the police. When they arrive at the scene, they can fill out an
accident report and provide you with a copy. This information is valuable
in a personal injury claim.
- DO NOT make any statements to anyone other than the police. This includes
the driver of the other vehicle and any insurance adjusters.
- Never admit guilt or even apologize. This can make it much more difficult
for you to secure fair compensation. Keep it down to business and exchange
insurance and contact information with the other driver.
- Take photos or videos of the accident, surrounding scene, and any visible injuries.
- Take down the names and contact information of any witnesses.
- Contact Goodman Acker P.C. to consult with a Detroit car accident attorney.
We are prepared to investigate your accident and help you obtain the compensation
you need to cover your losses.
75+ Years of Experience & Success
While insurance companies want you to think they have your best interests
at heart, the sad truth is that adjusters will try to settle claims quickly
so that they can get away with paying as little as possible. Often, insurers
will look for ways to diminish the value of a car accident victim’s
claim by suggesting that the accident was their fault or that their injuries
really aren’t serious. We believe that all injuries are serious
and that victims should receive compensation that is both full and fair.
By working with a lawyer, your chances of obtaining ample compensation
may be greatly improved.
To speak with a car accident lawyer in Detroit about your accident, please
contact Goodman Acker P.C. today. Initial consultations are provided free of charge.