Our team of Detroit personal injury lawyers at Goodman Acker, P.C. are
pleased to announce that we have been selected to be part of “Lawyers
of Distinction”. All lawyers who meet the rigid requirements of
the screening process have established a high degree of professional competence
and recognition amongst their peers, allowing them to gain placement in
the top 10% of lawyers in their state. Because “Lawyers of Distinction”
wishes to only recognize superior lawyers, the association will not offer
membership to more than 10% of lawyers in each state.
To determine whether a lawyer can be recognized as being part of this small
percentage of lawyers in the U.S., in their respective practice areas,
each lawyer must meet the criteria of Lawyers of Distinction, which evaluates
subjective and objective factors. Before an attorney gains membership
into such a limited associations, he or she must pass through the following
four portions of the selection process:
1. Independent Research: During this part of the process, a lawyer is evaluated on the following:
- Honors and Awards
- Professional Activities
- Community Service and Pro Bono
- Scholarly Writings
- Lectures and Educational Background
- Other Outstanding Achievements
2. Invitations and Nominations: During this part of the process, a potential candidate is identified by
the Lawyers of Distinction organization or by nomination. Nominations
are only accepted by fellow lawyers, current clients, former clients,
or members of Lawyers of Distinction.
3. Background Check and Application Review: During this portion of the process, Lawyers of Distinction completes a
background check and perform independent research to ensure that the lawyer
meets the rigid standards. The lawyer must not have any ethical violations
within the past five years and must be in private practice.
4. Confirmation of Membership: This is the final part of the process. A lawyer who meets the strict criteria
of this extensive screen process has demonstrated a high standard of professional
competence and peer recognition.
Due to the rigid standards upheld by the Lawyers of Distinction, inclusion
to such an association is regarded as a high achievement. For this reason,
we are honored to have received recognition by Lawyers of Distinction.
To learn more about the award, visit this
To speak with a Detroit personal injury lawyer from our team about the
award or about a potential case,
call Goodman Acker, P.C. today!