Disability Lawsuits Against Unum
Contact Goodman Acker P.C. Today: (248) 793-2010
Resources state it is not surprising that long-term disability coverage
has declined by six percent from 2009 to 2013 given that Unum, one of
the top disability insurers in the United States and formerly known as
Paul Revere, Provident, and Unum Provident, continues to wrongfully deny
long-term disability benefits.
At Goodman Acker P.C.,
our Detroit short and long-term disability lawyers are prepared to pursue disability payments on behalf of those who have
been denied for illegitimate reasons. When you choose to entrust your
case to our team, we will be able to provide you with the following:
To discuss your case,
call our Detroit disability lawyers at Goodman Acker P.C. right away!
Common Unum Denial Strategies
According to sources, Unum utilizes a wide range of denial tactics, including
- Altering policies after claims are filed (without knowledge of policyholders
and without authorization)
- Obtaining opinions from unqualified experts and inadequately investigating claims
- Misreading medical records, often by Unum’s independent examiners
- Demanding repeated requests for medical examiners or denying claims without
- Declining to acknowledge certain disability such as chronic fatigue syndrome,
fibromyalgia, and mental disorders
- Arguing the claim is a pre-existing medical condition
- Denying a claim with the intent to wear the claimant down to a decreased
- Only partially paying a claim for total disability
Let Goodman Acker P.C. Fight for Your Rights
If you believe your
short or long-term disability claim has been wrongfully denied, we urge you to get in touch with our Detroit
disability lawyers at Goodman Acker P.C. as soon as possible. We can gather
evidence and details in order to prove that your medical condition should
be covered. When you choose to work with our legal team, we will make
you our first and most important priority.
Don’t wait to obtain the legal advocacy you need. Let our legal team
at Goodman Acker P.C. put our skills, knowledge, and over 75 years of
combined legal experience on your side!
Call us today.