When it’s time for our children to go back to school, it comes as
no surprise we worry about their health and safety, as they are no longer
under our care. What’s even more concerning is the pick-up and drop-off
process, as school zones are some of the busiest and most hectic streets
in town. With hundreds and sometimes thousands of drivers flocking to
one street during a particularly busy time, we understand just how stressful
it can be to worry that your child is at risk of being
hit by a car, potentially resulting in a serious or fatal injury.
Consider the following traffic safety tips for back-to-school to do your part:
- Obey all school zone speed limits.
- Be particularly aware of school buses, as you cannot pass them when they
are flashing red or yellow lights.
- Obey all signals presented to you by crossing guards. If there are no crossing
guards at crosswalks, slow down more than ever.
- Watch for pedestrians and bicyclists, as they may not be entirely visible
at all times.
- Be careful when dropping off or picking up your children at school.
- Watch out for traffic backups at school entrances, and try to find alternative routes.
Contact Our Detroit Personal Injury Attorneys Today
At Goodman Acker P.C., we know there is nothing quite as important as the
safety of your children. If your child has been injured due to the carelessness
or negligence of a driver, our reliable, experienced, and dedicated Detroit
personal injury lawyers want to fight for you. We are relentless advocates for the wrongfully
injured, and we will handle your case in a personalized, compassionate,
and thorough manner. Don’t face this difficult time on your own--allow
us to fight for the compensation your child deserves.
Schedule an initial consultation with a member of our firm.
Contact us by calling (248) 793-2010.