At Goodman Acker P.C., our Detroit personal injury attorneys have compiled this list of 5 safety tips to help you and your family have a safe and enjoyable Halloween experience.
Stay Safe this Halloween By Following These Tips
Tip #1: Keep Your Home Child-Safe
- Avoid using Halloween decorations that can harm your children
- Use flashlights or glowsticks in your pumpkins to avoid fires
- Don’t let your children play with pumpkin carving knives
- Clear your porch and sidewalk to protect roaming trick-or-treaters
- Restrain any pets that could harm visiting children
Tip#2: Wear Safe Costumes
- Your family should wear costumes that are easy to see, especially in the dark
- Attach reflective tape to help drivers see your family members
- Verify that all costume props are child-safe
Tip #3: Drive Safely
- Be extra vigilant between the hours of 5:00 p.m. and 10:00 p.m.
- Use your headlights
- Always be on the lookout for wandering trick-or-treaters
- Never use your cell phone if you’re behind the wheel
- Don’t drive if you’ve been drinking
Tip #4: Plan a Safe Trick-Or-Treating Adventure
- Prepare a safe route and stick to it
- Plan a group excursion with other families in the neighborhood
- Prevent your children from jaywalking
- Always stay on brightly-lit sidewalks
- Only cross the street at designated corners
- Use flashlights or glowsticks to light your way
Tip #5: Examine the Candy
- Scrutinize each piece of candy before letting your child eat anything
- Throw out any questionable pieces of candy
- Look for signs of tampering, such as: staples, razor blades, glass, drugs, etc.
Schedule a Consultation
We hope these informative tips can help you and your family stay safe this Halloween. However, if you’re injured and require personal injury representation, contact the lawyers at Goodman Acker P.C. Our legal team has over 75 years of collective experience and a 99% success rate. During your free consultation, we can review your case, discuss your legal options, and develop a litigation strategy that can maximize your claim.
We’re available 24/7. Contact our Detroit personal injury attorneys at (248) 286-8100 to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation today.