- January 31, 2017
- Personal Injury
To determine whether a lawyer can be recognized as being part of this small percentage of lawyers in the U.S., in their respective practice areas, each lawyer must meet the criteria of Lawyers of Distinction, which evaluates subjective and objective factors. Before an attorney gains membership into such a limited associations, he or she must pass through the following four portions of the selection process:
1. Independent Research: During this part of the process, a lawyer is evaluated on the following:
- Honors and Awards
- Professional Activities
- Community Service and Pro Bono
- Scholarly Writings
- Lectures and Educational Background
- Other Outstanding Achievements
2. Invitations and Nominations: During this part of the process, a potential candidate is identified by the Lawyers of Distinction organization or by nomination. Nominations are only accepted by fellow lawyers, current clients, former clients, or members of Lawyers of Distinction.
3. Background Check and Application Review: During this portion of the process, Lawyers of Distinction completes a background check and perform independent research to ensure that the lawyer meets the rigid standards. The lawyer must not have any ethical violations within the past five years and must be in private practice.
4. Confirmation of Membership: This is the final part of the process. A lawyer who meets the strict criteria of this extensive screen process has demonstrated a high standard of professional competence and peer recognition.
Due to the rigid standards upheld by the Lawyers of Distinction, inclusion to such an association is regarded as a high achievement. For this reason, we are honored to have received recognition by Lawyers of Distinction.
To learn more about the award, visit this page.
To speak with a Detroit personal injury lawyer from our team about the award or about a potential case, call Goodman Acker, P.C. today!