- May 23, 2014
- Car Accidents
- Personal Injury
Due to this reason, our Michigan car accident lawyers at the law firm of Goodman Acker, P.C. would like to provide some travel safety tips to keep you and your family safe this weekend.
Even if you did not plan on travelling far, just sharing the road to run an errand right around the corner from your house can be dangerous due to the amount of drivers on our Michigan roads and highways. Car accident can happen at any time and to anyone.
Here are some safety tips that can help prevent involvement in a Michigan car accident:
- Be well rested and alert before traveling
- Always wear your seatbelt, that includes all passengers inside the vehicle.
- Infants should be safely secured in car seat (make sure to check out the Goodman Acker PC YouTube channel to see how to safely put a car seat into your vehicle)
- Observe speed limits and follow the rules of the road
- Full attention on the road. Avoid distractions such as cell phones
- Leave ample room when behind other vehicles
- Use caution in construction work zones
- Make frequent stops when travelling long distances
- Make sure to turn the vehicle's headlights on as dusk approaches, or during inclement weather
- Use high beams on rural roads unless approaching or following a vehicle
- Make sure the air pressure in your tires is up to standard for safety
- Make sure you boat registration number is displayed properly on your boat so that enforcement officials know the boat is properly registered. If it not registered, you need to get it registered. The law requires it. You can do this through Michigan Secretary of State.
Victims injured in a Michigan car accident do have legal rights. At the law firm of Goodman Acker, P.C. our team of top rated attorneys have helped auto injury victims obtain the maximum settlement for their injuries. In addition to collecting compensation for their pain and suffering we are also able to help them obtain the no-fault benefits they are entitled to under Michigan's no-fault law. Even for Michigan residents injured in an accident out of state may still be entitled to no-fault benefits.
To learn your legal rights or to see how we can help you call our top rated car accident lawyers today at (248) 286-8100. We will discuss your case with you, explain your legal rights and determine whether or not you can file a lawsuit. Call now for your free, no obligation case review!