- December 29, 2014
- Car Accidents
- Personal Injury
The car accident lawyers at Goodman Acker P.C. advise all Michigan drivers to be extra careful when approaching the following intersections.
The top 10 most dangerous intersections in Southeast Michigan include (one (1) being the most dangerous):
- Ford Road at Haggerty Road; average of 70.2 car accidents per year (seen above)
- Southfield Road at 11 Mile Road; average of 65.8 car accidents per year
- 12 Mile Road W at Orchard Lake Road; average of 62.6 car accidents per year
- Garfield Road at 19 Mile Road; average of 56.8 car accidents per year
- 12 Mile Road at Dequindre Road; average of 56.8 car accidents per year
- Cass Ave at Groesbeck Hwy N; average of 55.6 car accidents per year
- Van Dyke Ave at 11 Mile Rd E; average of 55.2 car accidents per year
- Maple Rd W at Orchard Lake Road; average of 54.6 car accidents per year
- 12 Mile Road W at Telegraph Road; average of 53.2 car accidents per year
- 15 Mile Road at Ryan Road; average of 51.8 car accidents per year
No matter what intersection you approach, whether it is on this list or not, we advise drivers to always be on alert. Intersections are in fact one of the most common areas where accidents take place, whether it is between two vehicles, a bicycle-car accident, or pedestrian-car accident.
Make sure you understand the rules of the road as a bicyclist and pedestrian and if you are driving always follow the directions of the stop lights. Remember, when you are in the driver seat you not only have to worry about protecting yourself, but the passengers in your vehicle and all motorists and individuals surrounding you.
For more information on your rights after a Michigan car accident, call our top rated attorneys today at (248) 286-8100 or fill out our Contact Form.