- December 12, 2017
- Personal Injury
On the Road
- Watch out for small kids and distracted drivers. The roads and parking lots are a lot busier than usual during the holidays.
- Avoid distractions while driving. No text message or phone call is worth taking your eyes off of the road, even for a second. Roads are usually slippery during the winter holidays, so your full attention is needed.
- Don’t drink and drive. There are already dangers on the road and you don’t have to be another. Instead of driving drunk, get a designated driver or order an Uber or Lyft.
- Check the lights. Older decorative lights and faulty outlets can result in electrocution, so be careful when testing them out. Make sure the young ones can’t access where the lights are plugged in.
- Keep hot liquids out of reach. Children like to reach for things, so to prevent burns from coffee or hot chocolate, use the back burners of your stove or turn the handles away from the edge.
- Maintain your home to the best of your ability. You don’t want a guest to slip and fall in your home, so do everything you can to clear spills and shovel snow out of the walkway.
If you or someone you love has been injured due to someone else’s negligence, please contact our Detroit personal injury lawyers at Goodman Acker, P.C. to discuss your case.
Call (248) 286-8100 or contact us today for a free case review.