- February 15, 2017
- Personal Injury
- Social Security Disability
What date you receive your benefits is not the same as everyone else, but rather your exact date or dates will depend on what kind of benefits you receive, how long you have received them for, and your birthday, with the latter being the biggest influence.
- If your birthday falls on the first through the tenth of the month, your benefits will be paid on the second Wednesday of each month.
- If your birthday falls on the 11th through the 20th of the month, your benefits will be paid on the third Wednesday of each month.
- If your birthday falls on the 21st through the 31st of the month, your benefits will be paid on the fourth Wednesday of each month.
However, these dates only apply to those who started receiving their benefits after May of 1997. If you started receiving your benefits before that time, you will always be paid on the third of every month. If that day happens to fall on a weekend (Saturday or Sunday), then your benefits will be paid on the Friday before. This schedule is also the one used for those who receive Social Security retirement benefits and Supplemental Security Income.
If you only receive Supplemental Security Income benefits, then your schedule is different as well. Instead of all the previously-listed dates, you will receive your benefits on the first of each month.
2017 Payment Dates
For the calendar year of 2017, here are the dates you can expect to receive your payments:
- 1st-10th Group: Jan. 11, Feb. 8, Mar. 8, Apr. 12, May 10, Jun. 14, Jul. 12, Aug. 9, Sept. 13, Oct. 11, Nov. 8, Dec. 13
- 11th-20th Group: Jan. 18, Feb. 15, Mar. 15, Apr. 19, May 17, Jun. 21, Jul. 19, Aug. 16, Sept. 20, Oct. 18, Nov. 15, Dec. 20
- 21st-31st Group: Jan. 25, Feb. 22, Mar. 22, Apr. 26, May 24, Jun. 28, Jul. 26, Aug. 23, Sept. 27, Oct. 25, Nov. 22, Dec. 27
Filing for social security is a complex and often intimidating process which requires a lot of careful preparation. At Goodman Acker P.C., our team of dedicated attorneys is highly familiar and knowledgeable about Social Security laws and regulations, and we can assist you through the application and appeals process by providing clear and reputable support. Our team of Detroit Social Security Disability attorneys is experienced with all kinds of social security claims, including SSDI, SSI, retirement benefits, and more.
Get assistance with your social security disability claim today! Book your free consultation with Goodman Acker P.C. by calling (248) 286-8100.