- May 20, 2016
- Personal Injury
Here’s what you should look for in a personal injury attorney:
- Experience. You should consider hiring an attorney who has experience handling cases like yours. Someone who only occasionally handles personal injury cases is not likely to be able to deliver the same quality of service as someone who routinely handles claims. A good personal injury lawyer should know how to handle insurance companies as well as how to maximize a claim to get as much compensation as possible for their client.
- Track record. A mark of a good personal injury lawyer is their history of results. Good results show that the attorney is familiar with state laws, experienced with handling claims, and knows the kinds of strategies that produce results. Before hiring someone, ask them about the types of cases they have handled, how many cases they have won, and how much compensation they have recovered. This should provide you with a better idea of the attorney’s skill, knowledge, and qualifications.
- Ethics. If you are going to be working with an attorney for any length of time, you should make sure that they are ethical. This means that you should never have to doubt whether your lawyer has made your best interests their top priority, or doubt how hard they are going to work on your case. Make sure that a prospective attorney has a reputation for professionalism and good communication, and avoid anyone who seems deceptive in their advertising or who seems to over-promise during a consultation. A good lawyer will be honest and up-front with you from the beginning, and be clear about how they plan to help you.
- Reputation. If the attorney you are considering doesn’t come with glowing recommendations from peers and former clients, it’s time to keep looking. You’ll know you’ve found a good personal injury attorney when people can’t stop talking about them online! Make sure you do your research on an attorney or firm. Trusted lawyer rating services like Avvo and Martindale-Hubbell are excellent places to look for evidence of reputation.
- Legal fees. Be sure you understand what your potential lawyer’s legal fees entail so you aren’t surprised later. At Goodman Acker P.C., we are proud to offer FREE legal consultations. Plus, we work on a contingency fee basis, which means you won’t owe us a penny for our services unless we make a recovery on your behalf. This means you have absolutely nothing to lose in working with our firm!
Contact Us Today to Get Started
Avoid the headache that comes with hiring the wrong lawyer. If you’ve been injured in Detroit and are searching for an attorney you can trust, look no further than Goodman Acker P.C. We have been featured and trusted by the Detroit News, CBS, Local 4 News, D Business, Michigan Lawyer Weekly, and more. Why hire us? The answer is simple: we work for you!
To request your risk-free case evaluation, please contact us today at (248) 286-8100.