- October 12, 2017
- Personal Injury
- Premises Liability
How can you increase everyone’s safety during Halloween?
- Pay attention to the decorations
- Make sure to tape all wires down
- Avoid running cords across pathways
- Keep decorations off of walkways
- Limit or avoid the use of fog machines that can hinder visibility
- Use fake candles or lights instead of open flames to avoid a fire hazard
- Pay attention to slip and fall hazards
- Stairs should be well maintained and even
- There should be no broken pieces of cement or cracked stairways
- Driveways should be clean and absent of cracks or holes
- Home entryways should be clutter-free and well-lit
- Walkways and pathways around your home should be free of loose tiles or raised cement
- Pay attention to your pets
- Keep dogs on a leash, even in the home, while people are coming to visit
- If necessary, put pets in a crate or in a quiet and safe place away from the noise
- Warn guests of any pets that may react aggressively, and use a muzzle when necessary
What Should You Do If an Accident Happens?
Whether you are the homeowner or a visitor, it is important to gather evidence if an accident occurs. This involves taking pictures, writing down the time of day and order of events, and getting the contact information of witnesses. If you are a visitor and suffer injuries, you should seek medical attention as soon as possible and speak to a trusted attorney to discuss your rights.
Call Our Detroit Personal Injury Attorneys Today at (248) 286-8100
At Goodman Acker, P.C., we have guided hundreds of clients to successful outcomes. In fact, we have obtained million dollar settlements for our clients in a variety of personal injury cases. If you have been injured due to the negligence of someone else, our lawyers can investigate the situation, gather evidence to build your case, and tirelessly uphold you right to compensation in court. With more than 75 years of legal experience, our firm can provide the informative, aggressive legal services you need as you seek to maximize your financial settlement.
Goodman Acker, P.C. Partner Jordan Acker discusses some important Halloween safety tips for homeowners with Charlie Langton on Fox 2 Detroit.
Contact us today for a free case review.