To help you understand which person’s insurance will cover the benefits, our Detroit motorcycle accident lawyers at Goodman Acker P.C. have created an order of priority list, which can be found below:
- The owner’s auto insurer or the registrant of the vehicle involved
- The driver’s auto insurer of the vehicle involved
- The motorcyclist’s auto insurer
- The motorcycle owner’s insurer
- The Michigan Assigned Claim Facility
What Types of No-Fault Benefits Can A Motorcyclist Obtain?
When a motorcyclist sustains injuries as a result of a collision, the rider is entitled to receive benefits. Michigan laws state that these benefits are commonly referred to as no-fault Personal Injury Protection (PIP) benefits and include the following:
- Monetary compensation needed for the person’s recovery and rehabilitation
- Wage loss compensation for up to a three-year period
- Compensation for any domestic services the injured person is unable to complete on their own
Goodman Acker P.C. Is Here for You!
At Goodman Acker P.C., our Detroit motorcycle accident attorneys have acquired the skills and resources it takes to fight for the rights of those who have been harmed by negligent or reckless persons. As a result, we have compiled an ample amount of information regarding motorcycle accidents and the aftermath of such collisions in an E-book. Throughout the text, we provide crucial information that can help motorcycle accident victims and their families navigate through the legal process following a collision.
If you or someone you love sustained serious or fatal injuries while riding a motorcycle, we encourage you to contact a Detroit motorcycle accident lawyer right away. Because these types of cases are time-sensitive, it is in your best interest to call our team as soon as possible. We can examine your collision and help you pursue the financial compensation you need in as little time as possible.
To discuss your case, call Goodman Acker P.C. today! We are backed by more than 75 years of trusted personal injury experience.