- February 4, 2020
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Personal Injury
However, motorcycle accidents are also preventable, as they’re often the result of human error. In 2013, according to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, 51% of fatal motorcycle accidents involved another motor vehicle. It’s relatively easy for other drivers to not see motorcyclists, or for motorcyclists to put themselves in harm’s way.
Here are some tips to keep in mind if you’re a motorcyclist who wants to stay safe on the road:
- Wear a helmet: Helmets can be the one thing that stands between you and life or death in an accident. Not wearing a helmet can result in you suffering from brain damage, concussions, and even comas.
- Try to not share lanes: While it’s tempting to split a lane with a car due to your motorcycle being compact, sharing lanes can be dangerous, and you may end up in a driver’s blind spot.
- Learn about common mistakes to avoid: Don’t speed while entering a corner, and be aware of other drivers while making turns so that you can avoid being hit by a turning car or an opening car door.
- Follow speed limits: Increased speeds can lead to accidents resulting from sharp turns. Ride at the speed limit to avoid hydroplaning or running into a car or pedestrian.
- Don’t drink and ride: Around 50% of all fatal motorcycle accidents involve alcohol. Abstain from drinking to reduce your risk of getting into a crash.
Honest & Ethical Representation
Goodman Acker P.C. can be trusted to provide more than good work – our lawyers have more than 150 years of combined experience in personal injury law and have achieved millions of dollars in compensation for the clients we’ve represented throughout the years. All our clients can trust us to litigate on their behalf in an ethical way – we do things correctly and make sure you know your legal rights and protections. If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, we want to help you recover.
Involved in a motorcycle or other MVA-related accident? Contact Goodman Acker P.C. online or at (248) 286-8100 for superior legal representation. With decades of experience in personal injury law, you can trust our attorneys to understand your unique situation and fight for you.