- March 10, 2016
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Personal Injury
- New York
Of course, these states are home to some of the largest urban areas, places where many individuals prefer to travel by foot as a main source of transportation.
What May Be Causing the Rise in Pedestrian Fatalities?
Many believe there are several factors contributing to the increase in pedestrian deaths, including the following:
- Many pedestrians engage in distracting activities such as texting while crossing streets.
- Reduced gas prices cause more people to drive, creating more dangerous situations for those traveling by foot.
- More people have become aware of healthier living conditions. Thus, more people are choosing to walk rather than drive.
How to Avoid a Pedestrian Accident
Walking, as opposed to any other type of transportation, can be beneficial for many reasons. It can help keep the air cleaner and it can allow you to live a healthier life. However, it is important to practice safe walking habits in order to avoid being involved in a pedestrian accident.
To help keep you safe, our Detroit pedestrian accident lawyers have listed some helpful tips, which can be found below:
- Always look both ways before crossing the road.
- Never assume a driver sees you.
- Wait to see that drivers come to complete stops before stepping into a road or crosswalk.
- Do not text while crossing streets.
- Be sure to look behind you before walking into an intersection where drivers may be turning.
- Always abide by crosswalk signals.
Involved in a Pedestrian Accident? Contact our Detroit Car Accident Lawyers
If you or someone you love was injured in a pedestrian accident or any other type of auto collision, get in touch with our team right away. We can determine who should be held liable for your physical damages, emotional distresses, and any medical expenses you may face. If the driver who caused you harm fled the scene, it is crucial to contact Goodman Acker P.C. right away. We can help you file a claim with your insurance company so you are not left in a financial rut. Do not wait another minute to secure the representation you need.
For your free case review, call our car accident attorneys in Detroit today! We have been delivering first-hand attention since 1994.